VG Exiles - Episode 3 VG Exiles - Episode 3

When you've worked that hard.. why...

The art and voiceacting is good but the animation on the Nash scenes needs alot of work. It would be easy to animate the characters talking. Then before entering the portal look at the bison cape loop for instance, moving from left to right because you couldn't line up the pixels. It also goes on a bit. In alot of areas it's brilliant but the flaws bring the whole thing down. If it was just the stryker vs bison scene it would be a flawless victory.

R1665 responds:

The pixels are lined up just fine. The problem is on your end with your connection and/or flash player. Were you watching it full screen? That can heighten mathematical display issues with the VCAM in flash.

I can see that you are also a flash animator and have done some lip-synching of your own. Many kudos to you. However, please refrain from calling it "easy" for my movie until you can do it while also cramming thirty minutes' worth of movie into a thirteen-minute autoplay timeline. Not all flash is built alike.

R1665

chaos control pt1 chaos control pt1

Great job!

You're skills are coming on. Did you use Movieclip Filter Blur on the backgrounds? It gives a great sense of perspective and looks great but can slow frame rate down. Question - are you working at 12 fps? The sprite animation would look tighter at 24 and you could have a sprite every two frames without extra work. The mini game was great, hitting keys at during different time windows, you totally pulled it off. You made me laugh twice which is a feat. 'I feel a strange energy'. There were a couple of shots (cartoon eyes when knuckles was suprised) and (the winter scene with big) that I felt could have been improved a bit but overall a great job, this submission offers a lot in the way of entertainment. Visual Effects good, sound effects good, comedy good, story good, music good and I liked that you used advance sprites. I'm being really picky about those two shots but that's the only reason you don't get a ten from me, and I'm being 100% honest with you. Awesome job Da-boi, we may have to collaborate.

Da-boi responds:

thanks rikimaru for all the advice and most definitely we'll have to collab

Adam's Lord of the Rings Adam's Lord of the Rings

For some reason...

this reminded me of Monkey Island...

GameMaster 4: Sonic GameMaster 4: Sonic

Brilliant

Lots of great jokes ie luigi's creepy eyes/practical functions of loops. Now that I know the source of Sonic's power it suddenly all makes sense. Thanks for putting this out there, pure class.

why link isnt a surgeon why link isnt a surgeon

Definately tickled me

The humour in this is very well thought out, I loved the extra item descriptions and link's inability to form words. You took a recognisable character and in put him in a scenario that aided the humour and the dialogue was both funny and clever. Great job and congratulations on 2nd place

balbod responds:

thanks

Into Death Mountain Into Death Mountain

Nice

The animation is very fluent and the drawing style is cool, I just think it was lacking a bit more refining. I can't speak, I've released some poor submissions but this has potential, it'd be cool to see how you'd extend this or how you animate nowadays. I liked the distant view from kakariko village and how link moved into the area and to cover, but the arrow bit was a bit lost on me. I was waiting for link to eviscerate the dragon. I hope this does well, keep up the good work

Ask Raptor Jesus Ask Raptor Jesus

Ha ha nice

I like your' character style, you blend realistic looking characters with watermelons and dinosaurs smoothly and the quality doesn't drop on frame by frame work. I still prefer that mutant fish thing in an earlier animation, it had like a needless foot sewn to its gills or something.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thanks!

An Unfortunate Girl:Lapse An Unfortunate Girl:Lapse

Abstract expressionism

Almost reminds me of Silent Hill or The Ring, I think the poetic individuality of the piece stands out more than anything, nice original work if a little weird

Gandalf hitting the bong. Gandalf hitting the bong.

nice

I like the distortion on his face to show the impact of the hit and the frame by frame on the lasers was good. Also the jpegs were cut out well, couldn't see anything out of place and its funny to boot!

Erty responds:

Yeah, I remember putting some work into cutting all the jpegs and redo backgrounds and such.
Going to make some real animations once I get my new microphone, getting bored of just using flash in business.

Super Mario bros Z ep.8 Super Mario bros Z ep.8

210,000 people can't be wrong

Some of the narration can be slow but the grammar and content is sound. The sprites are animated well so it all seems tangeable and the connection to games has been well researched. Seems like you made some of your own sprites too so that's commendable. It's well made, animated, scripted and seems to build upon the original games. Only suggestion ; if you used pixelated text with edges not curves, it could always be in low quality and work with your backgrounds. The frame rate performance would improve so the combo-esq fight scenes would look better, but no real complaints, it's clear you know what you are doing.